Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Quest for Quietness

Alas, I have not been following up on the "three posts per week" thing. I blame the alien illness that has taken over my body.

Procrastination is not an illness. Honestly.
While I have been continuing with my normal routing of going to work and making people want to exercise and all that, I just haven't had the energy to blog about anything. Well, last night's story kinda takes the cake.

I teach Zumba® four nights each week. Despite not feeling 100%, I dragged my butt into class last night. I told the women that I had a sore throat so I wouldn't be talking/yelling as much as normal. Apparently someone forgot to tell my brain that. Because I was yelling all over the place. The result? I lost my voice last night. When I got home, I vowed to be completely silent all night in the hopes that my voice would return by morning so I could go to work. 

Of course, this meant that my dear husband and darling daughter had to take complete advantage over the fact that I could not yell at them to do the stuff they <i>should</i> be doing. 


By the time I get home from my class, it is a little after 8:00PM. My daughter is supposed to go to bed at 8:30PM. Instead of feeding her dinner while I was out, my husband decided to wait until I got home to start dinner. Oh, and he bought a video game for her to play and they started that too. 


You are just asking me to hurt you, you know.
Since I had no voice, I could not yell at them to get the hell off the video games and eat dinner so the kid could go to bed. Instead, I had to make angry hand gestures. 


*sigh*


After finally getting the kidlet fed and in bed, I decided to watch some television as my husband played (yet another) game on his new PlayStation Vita. Yes, my husband's video games tend to be the bane of my existence. But this means he wasn't particularly paying attention to the TV. Resulting in:


Me: *trying to laugh silently*
Husband: What?
Me: *points to the TV*
Husband: *grunt*


And this went on quite a few times since I like to watch comedies. In reality, I think they just wanted to make me talk as much as possible so I would lose my voice completely. I can't yell at them if I can't speak.


I should also note that I am trying to be super quiet today too. My voice isn't as bad as it was last night but it's definitely nowhere near better. Unfortunately, part of my job is answering telephones and people just aren't considerate enough to not call when I'm sick. Maybe I'll be lucky and this afternoon will be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment