Thursday, March 8, 2012

Decision: ACCOMPLISHED

Because this blog is meant to help me be less of a wacko, when I realized that it had been three days since I talked about my lack of decision-making skills, I made the decision to use my Christmas gift card to buy a new scanner today. After a somewhat quick perusal of Walmart's website, I selected the HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One printer. Then I took an extended lunch break and picked the damn thing up.

Yes. Yes, I do.

Of course, this story wouldn't be nearly as much fun if the transaction really went that easily.

I trekked my way back to the electronics department, in search of the elusive scanner-printer-faxer-copier. (Faxer should totally be a word.) While I was slightly distracted by the sound systems (because I also need a new speaker system for my fitness classes), I managed to find the printers by myself without a ton of trouble. The trouble began when I noticed that the 4500 on the shelves did not say it was wireless. Wireless is important in our cluttered household. It was also about $30 cheaper. Hrm. So I pulled it off the shelf to go ask the man at the counter. (Note: I hate asking employees questions. I try to know as much about what I want so I can pluck it off the shelf, pay for it, and leave with as little conversation as possible.)

The poor man at the counter was almost there by himself (there was a woman who didn't seem particularly interested in working) and there were three other people there to ask him questions. Normally, I would say "forget it" and go home empty-handed. Not today, my friends. Not today. I waited a little while until he wasn't as busy. As the very nice man tried to figure out what was going on, he was interrupted by some guy asking when their next shipment of pre-paid phones was arriving. I gave the man a little glare, but Nice Walmart Man handled the situation better. He answered the man's question as he typed my printer information into his computer.

But the computer still said the wireless printer should be where it was not. Walmart Man declared he would check "In The Back." I've worked retail. I know that usually means you are going to go into the breakroom and read a training poster or something. However, Walmart Man returned with my desired product!

Yay, Mr. Walmart Man!

And now I have returned to my desk, happily knowing that I have truly made a decision. The next obstacle? Getting my husband to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment